Flood establishes meaningful relationships with those in crisis to empower them to overcome their disadvantaged circumstances and encounter the love of Jesus.
Flood provides services designed to meet the physical, relational and spiritual needs for those who are deeply impoverished in our community with an emphasis on housing stability to promote self-worth, increased self-sufficiency and greater overall health.
- Loving, accepting and blessing people regardless of their circumstances
- Building relationships with those experiencing homelessness, recovery home residents, residential motel residents and those in the cycle of generational poverty
- Assisting each guest in pursuing greater housing stability
- Praying regularly for the people of Flood and our city
- Engaging the local church with inner-city outreach, encouraging church-goers to engage in individual relationships with Flood attendees
- Providing high quality food packs and meals
- Providing an intense, impactful worship experience
- Creating opportunities for meaningful volunteer work
- Offering mid-week Bible Study and faith-based targeted instruction opportunities
- Facilitating local church attendance
- Seeking other ministry opportunities as God provides
Bless First and Five Lives
Inspired by the scriptures in John 9, Jesus Healing the Blind Man and John 4, the Woman at the Well, Bless First and Five Lives are two themes which are foundational in the Flood ministry approach. In John 9, Jesus chose to bless the blind man first by healing him. Later, through a relationship and conversation with Jesus, the formerly blind man believed that Jesus was the Son of Man. Flood chooses to follow this pattern of striving to meet physical needs first, then building a relationship so as to guide an individual’s spiritual journey. Five Lives is an intentional approach for all volunteers to learn the names of five people, to pray for them and then to reconnect with them. Much like the Woman at the Well, when a person is known, the person is given a strong sense of self-worth.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.